Monday 24 November 2014

Ma Semaine Deuxieme (My Second Week)


Samedi (Saturday)
Today I started the morning with a quick skype with my Emsie and then went down stairs to meet Aurelie’s parents. Robin spent the day/night with them because we were going to Nantes and the less the better. So me, Ludo, Aurelie and Alice went into the city of Nantes and wwwaaaahhhh I loved it. The architecture here is amazing, everything is so cute and old. We went to all these different places, the shops were soooooo cute; it made me so excited for Christmas. The Christmas Markets were getting set up for next weekend and it looks sooo beautiful. We went and got lollies and explored a bit. We then went to the Chateau des ducs de Bretagne, I loved it! Then food tbh, food <3

Dimanche (Sunday)
Today my host family and I met up with Aurelie’s side of the family to go out for lunch for Christmas. At the restaurant it was pretty good because I was sitting next to cousin’s my age that don’t really speak English so I was put in one of those situations where I have to speak French, and they spoke quite quickly and I actually understood a lot of it. I think situations where I am practically absolutely forced to speak French are the best ones because I have to really push myself to listen because I can’t just say “I don’t understand, can you say it in English?’ if it’s too much for me. After that we went back to my host mum’s parents house and just hung out with the family for a bit which was nice and I was having a good French day, I could understand a fair bit and people weren’t speaking incredibly slowly to me.  

I can’t be bothered writing my weekdays this week one by one because they all seemed to be the same, teachers ignoring me, not understanding a lot of conversations but I am totally getting better and also at reading. I’ve been reading Harry Potter in French for my French class because they’re reading Shakespeare in French so yeah, and I’m struggling with it so much and then my teacher said she wanted me to read something more advanced so she gave me a book on French history but it actually was so much easier to read because the words were quite similar to English.  It’s really annoying though because on Wednesday’s I finish at one o’clock and all of my friends do homework in the afternoons and I don’t get homework because my teachers never give me the time of day (which is perfectly okay with me bc ew homework) but I get so bored because I have an entire afternoon of just nothing, so I really need to find something to do.

(sorry for it being short but I can’t be bothered tbh)







No comments:

Post a Comment